Pages

Friday 6 March 2020

Descriptive Writing

WALT use descriptive writing.

So this week for writing we had to write a descriptive writing about the Anzac Violin. And so the first thing we had to do is read a story about the Anzac Violin and the story was about a boy named Alexander Aitken and he was in high school in Otago and he was a soldier who was fighting in world war one. On the way after all of his crew members got off the ship they started climbing this big Mountain and Alexander brang one special thing with him and that was his Violin that he brang with him everywhere because whenever his crew members are sad he plays a song on his Violin, it's like one of his favorite things to do and he is also very good at playing the Violin as well. And so the next day was the day when they were going to fight! 

As they kept fighting in a moment that everyone wished that never happen and someone in the other country shooted Alexander and he was laying near his other crew members painfully and wounded but a wee while after a ship came and it had a plus sign on it which means the doctors were there to help them, but one thing the Alexander really wanted to help was his Violin... A few years later a package came into Alexander's door step and he opened the package and it was his Violin! He was very happy to see it again and that is where the story ended.

So yes that is a little summary about the story we read and so we had to write a diary entry about if we were Alexander right there in that moment when he got shot and so here is my Diary entry:
As I creep sluggishly throughout the open side path and while my perception is fading away, I still try to make my body secure. The breezy air pasts through me casually as I struggle to get through fatal crew members and even members of the enime. As I see my doom coming I think “what should I do next”? So I just let the supportive doctors take responsibility of Me. As I close my eyes I see darkness coming in slowly and slowly…..

“Where am I going”? I exclaimed. I couldn’t sense my body, I calmly opened my eyes and I saw a tremendous boat! And it had the plus sign on it saw I knew straight away that the doctors were taking me straight away to the stunning hospital! So while I’m on the ship I think about something that is very important to me and I value everyday. That's right! It’s my Violin! I need to go back but I can’t cause I can’t find it anymore but hopefully I will see it one day again! 

As the doctors take me out visiosly out of the ship I wait for me to get better and to get healed so I can search for my violin again. But as the years passed on and I was healed something came from the mail, I had no idea what it was but it was a sizable package it was shaped like something that I was going to look for but I couldn’t for the past few years so what could it be?

I opened the package very slowly like a slow snail in a race but this wasn’t any type of race because in the package was…. My Violin! There was a letter that came with it and it said “We have found your Violin in the battlegrounds and since it was really badly damaged we wanted to give you a hand and make it flesh just for you”!

Something I enjoyed was reading the book cause I found it really interesting.
Something I found difficult was trying to think of some cool words to put in cause I wanted my Diary entry to sound interesting!

I am going to be posting some more Descriptive writing so stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.