Pages

Sunday 8 March 2020

Nutrition Meals

So Last week a girl named Sophie, from the Heart Foundation Company taught us about what foods are healthy and what foods are not healthy. And so we learnt o lot of things on that Day and Sophie told us there was going to be three sessions so on Monday was the first, Tuesday the second and Wednesday the third and then on Thursday we walked to Paknsave and we got splitted into some groups. And in my group was Me Denise, Celine, Tweeny and Talia. And each team had to have a adult with them to go around Paknsave and help us and our one was Sophie! I was actually really happy that y team got to have Sophie cause she was the one who actually taught us all of these different things and I was really glad! Then Sophie gave us these sheets and in one page it had two columns and one column said everyday foods and the other said sometimes food. And it also said Breads, Milk, Snack and I'm pretty sure Nut Bars and we needed to check on each packet what the fat, Sugar, Energy, Fiber and Sodium/Salt.

And about all of those things like the fat and etc. And we have to look at the 100g per serving column. And in my google drawing that I am going to show you soon about all the different things you need to check so you know it is an everyday food or a sometimes food.  Then the next day we started planning in groups of what we want to have as a Healthy Shared Lunch for our class and we had a minimum of 60$ That is a lot of money but you have to spend it wisely and so my group decided to have fruit salad but the class didn't pick our meal but it was okay because the shared lunch we had was so yummy! We had chicken some fruit and rice it was so good!

And so the next week we had to make a DLO of what we learned so here is mine:

Something I found difficult was trying to make the table cause I needed to remember the different things that needs to me on an everyday food.
Something I found easy was actually making this poster cause I just had to say what I learned and stuff so everyone who is reading this right now I can help with their Nutrition foods!

Stay Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.