Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2020

My Mascot

WALT think critically when looking at information in different texts.

So this week for Reading we didn't have any Reading activities to do cause Ms Wilton forgot to put some activities and so we had to do an ANZAC Activity and I know you might have noticed that there has been a lot post from me with ANZAC Things and so I hope your okay with that because I find these facts really interesting. But anyways besides from that we had to read 4 texts about the ANZAC Mascots and speaking of Mascots then you have come to the right place cause I'm just about to tell you what ANZAC Mascots are and what are some jobs that some of the Mascots did in World War one and two. Wait I just forgot we had to make a DLO about what we have learnt from those 4 texts and after we could make our own Mascot which I thought was pretty cool! But I guess I could give you some more information about Mascots so here it goes. 

In World War One and Two there were at least 20+ Mascots in each of the wars and you might know some of these Mascots but here are some that I know. Murphy the Donkey and he helped the wounded to get to Safety and Ceaser the Red Cross Dog and he helped the soldiers to feel better so they can battle again! That's all I'm going to tell you for now because my DLO has much more information and I fitted it all in one, I guess slide but I don't know cause I used piktochart. Anyways here is my DLO about what I have learnt about Mascots:
And here is my Mascot that I created and there is some more information on my Mascot and why and how I created it:
So that is my ANZAC Mascot!

Something I enjoyed was making the Mascot and explaining how and why I did it!

Something I found difficult was trying to think of what to make but then I got an idea from one of my friends and I'm glad I got onto this!

Stay tuned for more work!


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Kylie!

    I really like how you have made big paragraphs, and made your own mascot. Maybe next time you can change your background to a clearer one so I could see your writing!

    I hope to see a reply

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kumusta Celine! I really am grateful and thankful that I am safe and I hope you stay safe as well and thank you so much for your comment and I will change the background next time thank you!

      You stay safe too!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.