Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Teaching My Strategy

WALT Problems ? + 29 = 81.

So this week we also didn't have any Maths work to do and so we also have to do another DLO about the Strategy we learned last week. And I decided to just do a Slideshow cause it's nice and simple and easy to show my Strategy. My Strategy is about working out what the unknown number is and trying to understand how to use the strategy and so if you want to solve something like ? + 29 = 81, and so how you need to solve this is to use a number line and this is going to be good for those who don't know how to solve things like this then keep reading and if you do then goof job on you.

So how you solve this type of question is using a number line and there will be some adding and some Minus going on with this strategy. If your only going to be using adding then the first number from the ones column needs to be lower then what the answer is in the ones column as well like this: ? + 23 = 58 So that's when you use addition. When you want to use Minus then the first number in the ones column has to be over than the answer in the ones column.

But anyways here is my DLO to teach more about my Strategy:

Something that I enjoyed was drawing the number line cause I actually kind alike teaching people and now I like teaching them how to use a number line!

Something I found difficult was not really anything because I had my strategy in my Maths book to help me out so that was fine!

Stay tuned for more Maths work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.