Pages

Monday 23 March 2020

Maori Words

So this week for R.E we talked about the different languages that we can use to call someone or explain it to some one and we also had to think about how Jesus was these different words. The different Maori words were Te Whanau, Matamua, Tuakana, Te Karaiti, Whaea, Matua, Tupuna, Kuia and Kaummatua. We had to discover what they meant and so we got a littke help from google! The hardest one that I couldn't really find was Te Karaiti but then I went on to the Maori Dictionary and I finally found it after like a few minutes. We had to make a DLO about those different words and I decided to make a powtoon cause I feel like it would be way easier. Ms Wilton told us to use SISOMO which is Sight, Sound and Motion and we had to include that in our DLO so I screencastified it as well so people can here me.

So here is my DLO:

Something I found Difficult was searching up the words.

What I found easy was making my actual DLO.

5 comments:

  1. Well done Kylie.

    You have worked so hard on this and shown great creativity. I like that you used screencastify to record this so that you included all three components; sight, sound and motion.

    Keep up the great work!

    Ms Wilton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Ms Wilton!

      Thank you so much for you comment I really appreciate it cause it really made my day!

      Thank you so much again!

      - Kylie

      Delete
  2. Hi Kylie
    I can see how we could use this as a learning tool for all the children in our school. Did you know you also use Whaea and Matua to talk to your teacher in Te Reo Maori?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr Norman!
      Thank you so much for your comment and I actually didn't know that you can call your teacher your Whaea or your Matua so thank you for that tip!

      I hope your staying home staying safe and thank you so much for your comment again I really appreciate it!

      - Kylie

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.