Pages

Friday 27 March 2020

An Unexpected Adventure

So I am still doing online school and I hope all of you are staying home and staying safe! But anyways this week for writing we had to choose a prompt from the slideshow that Ms Wilton made for us and there were 10 different prompts and the first one was An Ice Plunge, the second one was under the bed and the third one was Expecto Patronum. The fourth one was on the prowl, the fifth one was Homecoming and the sixth one was The Beginning, the Seventh one was An Unexpected Adventure and the eighth one was Mr Wolf, the ninth one was Hanging on and lastly the tenth one was also called Hanging on apparently but yeah!

So we had to choose one of those prompts and I decided to choose the seventh one which is the Unexpected adventure cause I found it really interesting and there was a story starter and we had to use the story started in our story and their were lots of activities we had to do for our writing as well and then we used to learn these languages features so we had to include them in our writing so here is my story and all the activities that I had to do for my prompt:
Red - Alliteration
Blue - Onomatopoeia
Orange - Metaphor 
Green - Hyperbole
Yellow - Personification
Brown - Simile
Pink - Idiom

She knew that it hadn’t been a good idea to leave the tap running, but now she was starting to enjoy
herself. Then suddenly the next moment she would blink her eyes there was a big hole!
All the water just started draining into the hole like a Human sucking so much food! Even the shower,
bathtub, toilet and like everything in the bathroom!

“Woah” Emily said! “Where am I”? “It’s so dark in here I can’t see a thing!,
Maybe it’s just my eyesight or I don't even know!” “But I need to get back to my house otherwise my
Parents are going to worry”! I felt the darkness suck me in the air!  “Wait, I just forgot their on Vacation,
well at least it gets me more time to get out of here cause I don’t want to stay here forever!” So as
Emily
kept walking to a direction she found a hidden tunnel or should I say sewer that led to the sea! She
decided to get something from her pocket called a Golden apple that can give you a ride under sea
with a bathtub! You know what they say the early human gets a bath!

And as she slowly, sluggishly, swam with a stinky shark to the sea and she could see her dreams come
true. She saw all the different animals and then splash all she could think about was living there
but the ride was like millions of miles… 10 years later… So after those years she knew she got her
dream in the winners bag and she lived under the sea with all of her friends happily ever after!
But where are her parents….. 

The Different Activities:

The Questions:
My Answer:
Where did her Journey begin?
Emily left the tap on and then when she came
back into the bathroom the whole room was
flooded and it even made a big hole!!!!
Why was it unexpected?
Because she didn’t really know what was
going to happen and then a big hole
happened and she forgot to turn the
tap off so it was just a big mess.
Where will she go on her adventure?
Well she goes and sees her dream come
true and she never knew that it would happen
especially like this way and she loves to see
animals and she always wanted to live under
the sea!
What things will she encounter?
Her dream is living under water and even
seeing animals and living the best time of her
life but the only thing she doesn't know is if
she will see her parents ever again.
How will she get back home?
Her animal friends can take her back
safely at her house door and her parents
won’t be worried anymore because they
finally found their daughter.
How might she be feeling in the adventure?
Very happy and worried and also sad at the
same time cause she would feel happy cause
her Dream has come true. Worried because
she doesn't know what her parents would
think and sad cause she would miss her
family!
What will her Parents be thinking?
They would probably be very worried and
they would go looking for her until they find
her!
Would you like to go on an adventure like this? If you do please explain.
I don’t really want to, to be honest because
I would be very scared and I don’t want to
go all the way under sea and I would miss
my Family.





Sick Sentences:

Sick: The bath went through the water. 

Better Sentence: The slippery bath sluggishly past the silk
water.

Sick: It was a Sunny Day.

Better Sentence: As I woke up I saw the Beautiful Sunrise awaken.

Sick: The girl watched the Turtle.

Better Sentence: There was a little girl that looked 8 years old and she was
daydreaming at the very small Turtle.

My Verbs:
Water - Watering - My Dad was Watering
the plants.
Trickled - Trickling - My tears started
trickling down my face.
Bath - Bathing - I was Bathing in my
Bathroom.
Turtle - Moving - The Turtle was moving
very slowly.
Sun - Sunshining - It was Sun Shining this
afternoon.
The Girl - Staring - She was very still and
staring at the slow Turtle.  
Plug - Plugging - My Sister was plugging her
Charger.
Fish - My Dad took me to go Fishing!
Shower Curtain - Showering - I had to close
my Shower Curtain cause I was Showering.

Another Adventure Drawing: 



4 comments:

  1. Fantastic to see you completing work from home Kylie! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Sumpter! Thank you for your comment I really appreciate your comment and what you have said! Thank you so much again.

      I will be posting some more work so stay tuned thanks again!

      - Kylie

      Delete
  2. Hi Kylie. You have posted a very informative blog. You have put a lot of effort into this. Next time maybe use another colour (simile) as I found it a little hard to read.
    Mrs Bowman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie, what an adventure Emily had. I too would miss everyone if I was living under the sea. I would have to agree with Mrs Bowman that you similie was a little hard to read.
    Look forward to reading your next story.
    Mr Norman

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.