Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2019

Vanilla Ice cream, Please! W2 Information Web

It's the second week for term 4! And for reading this week my group Danny is reading a story called Vanilla Ice cream, Please! And it's another non-fiction book and I thought it would be a fiction story this week because last week was a non-fiction story but at least I get to learn some interesting facts.

This Information story was about a girl called Veisinia and she lives in Vaini on a Island called 
Tongatapu. She really likes Vanilla Ice cream! She has always been thinking about where that vanilla comes from, so she went to a place called a vanilla plantation and there is where they make the vanilla Ice cream and like the flavor.

She also got to help with the process of making a vanilla Ice cream, which I think would have been have been really awesome. She like did a lot of cool things and I didn't even know that some of the things would even be there or like would be an Ingredients. Now I really want to know how to make Vanilla Ice cream, just like Veisinia!

So she saw all the things you had to do, to make a Vanilla Ice cream! I think that you would like to know some more about how to make vanilla ice cream! For our information web we had to write some facts from the story so here is mine:
Do you think you could make your own Vanilla Ice cream at home?

6 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Kylie! My name is Hana and I'm a year 5 from Yaldhurst Model School!

    Wow Kylie! I love the Mindmup that you made! Also, the introduction is great! It tells me all about the background on why you made this mindmup.

    I haven't used mindmup before. (Whatever that is :P) It looks like a website.

    Next time, you could... umm, I DON'T KNOW! I actually can't think of anything to improve on! Just keep up the good work!

    And answering your question, I think my sister has made vanilla ice cream before. (I think :P)

    How do you use mindmup?? (Whatever it is :P)

    From Hana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie,
    you did a really good mindmup I really like how you put all the facts we needed to put, I forgot to put the stuff about if you pull it off wrong it will bruise, maybe next time put what you are saying first and then put a fact in
    but overall it was really good, good job Kylie

    Ella😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kylie!
    I like your mindmup and how you added so much information! It is very long and people would like to know so much about The vanilla beans and how you pick the beans. it also tells me more about it and it work much better than mine since i only have a few facts with not to much writing but i think i did good.

    What you can work on is the spelling you have a bit of a mistake there but it is fine because I did know it was Tonga. You can also tell if you know how its crushed and what they use it for.

    Answer to your question:
    I probably can't since my parents are very busy and they do need some rest even though i can do it myself but can get confused. But I don't think I can.

    Anyways Good job Kylie! You did good.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kumusta Kylie :)

    First of all Kylie.

    I love this information web/mindmup it's very detailed.

    Something I like about your mindmup is that you added a lot of information in each fact, it helped me understand more about the story. Another thing I like is that you added a strong description on what you had to do ect.

    I honestly don't think you could work on anything. I think it's well made mindmup.

    To be honest I don't think I could make vanilla ice cream at home, seams to hard by the story.

    Q: Did you find it hard to get all those facts out of the story and make sure they made sense?


    Keep up the good work bestie <3

    -Mya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kylie,

    I like how you have used a lot of detail.

    When I made my information web I used a google drawing.

    Next time you could use more information.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kylie my name is Ethan from YMS.

    You have a wonderful mindmup did someone tell you that mindmup.

    Next time, you could you could keep up the good work I actually can't think of anything to improve on!

    And answering your question, I think my sister has made vanilla ice cream before. Is this you favourite type of Ice cream it is not my favourite.

    Bye for now Ethan.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.