Pages

Tuesday 10 August 2021

Biodiversity l Remembering task

 For topic we have been learning about biodiversity and if you don't know what biodiversity it is, well it is about different animals and insects helping out with our plants and our lives, for example we need bees for our pollination in our plants so we can grow our fruit. But besides that our teacher has decided room 5 to do some reading activities around biodiversity. So for week 2 and 3 we had to finish off 1 remembering task and two understanding tasks and then post it. For the remembering task I decided to make a diagram explaining biodiversity, I also added two examples of different Insects and I added one way we could help increase biodiversity but of course there are many different ways that we could increase biodiversity. 

Something I enjoyed was getting to learn more about biodiversity and getting to share it to you guys. Something I found difficult was figuring out different insects or animals that I could use for my examples but I ended up just picking bees and butterflies.

Here is my diagram:

I'm sorry if you can't read it, so I'll write down what it says.
Biodiversity is Important for animals, plants, humans and the earth itself. Scientists measure biodiversity by genetics, species and ecosystem levels. Global biodiversity is dropping down and one of those reasons are anthropocentric, which is caused by humans. 
For example:
We need bees for the pollination of plants so we can get the fruit that we grow. Butterflies are plant pollinators and they eat different Insects that could harm certain plants. Butterflies also help ecologists, ecologists use butterflies so they can study loss of habitat and climate change. A way that we could help increase biodiversity is making space for different species and growing plants for certain Insects and animals. 

Hope you enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.