Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2021

Orana wildlife park trip

 Yesterday room 5 & 6 when on a trip to the orana wildlife park. My dad decided to help with the transport. And the reason we went there is because we have been learning about biodiversity and different ecosystems and species. Once we got to Orana park we got split into two different groups, group 1 was room 5 and group 2 was room 6. First we had to eat our morning tea cause we were going to be walking around for like 4-5 hours and then we would have lunch. There were also two instructors which were Sarah and Bethany. Since we had to get split up in two groups we had to get our own instructor, we got to have Sarah. First she told us where the toilets were and etc, we went to go and visit the first animal which were the frogs. There were small ones and big ones, some of them jumped some didn't. Then after we got to visit a lot of more animals like lions, tigers, Tasmanian devils and many more. 

Here are some photos of the animals we visited in the 1st part:

We also went to a thing called zoo school and they showed us different models of animals and a lions skull.




















In the second half we got to feed giraffes and see gorillas and different types of monkeys and Apes, and obviously a whole lot more. Something I enjoyed was getting to see reptiles, insects and animals that I have never seen before and to learn more about them. I would really like to go there again because Sarah said that there are more than 1,000 animals there!

Here are some of the animals we visited in the 2nd part:



It was really fun!

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie,
    Thanks for sharing about our trip to Orana Park. It was great to see new animals and find out about their habitat in the wild and how they adapt to their environment.
    Did you have any favourite animals?
    I enjoyed watching the meerkats and gibbons playing.

    Mrs Lambie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Kylie,
    I really like how you described what your favourite part of the trip was and how you explained how our day went.
    I love that you added photos.
    Next time you could add what you didn't like

    Kind regards
    Greer

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.