Pages

Monday 20 April 2020

Teaching Standard Form!

So for this week and last week for Maths we had to go through our own group slideshows and work out through some activities but for each like page of the worksheet was a strategy that we had to use and so after or before you had to do the worksheet we had to make a DLO teach you guys one of the strategy's from the worksheet and one of the strategy's in the worksheet was standard form and standard form is one of my favorite strategy's to use, and there are lots of other strategy's I really like but Standard form is just like one of the easiest once you get the hang of it. So I decided to make a slideshow but with very good animation to help you guys more with Standard form.

I also wanted to say that please every one stay safe and practice your social distancing and wear masks and gloves when you go outside and stay home and stay safe thank you! 

Anyways here is my Slideshow to help you guys use Standard Form in Maths:



Something I enjoyed was making the slideshow and teaching everyone about Standard Form.

Something I found difficult was finding ways to present the method cause I wanted to try something different.

Stay Safe!

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Kylie!

    This a really cool slideshow and it´s really clear to understand everything as well and I like how you didn´t say things like 5 or 4 for the tens part of it to! For someone who already knows how to do standard form I think that this is a really great DLO to teach people how to do it! Do you think you could teach how to solve subtraction equations in standard form?

    Answers: 78 and 469!

    Also thank you for reminding people what they should be doing these days and hope you and your family are staying safe to!

    Keep up the great work!
    ~Siale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Siale for your Comment! And you got the questions right 78 and 469! Good Job on that! And Stay safe and maybe next week we might see eachother at school!

      - Kylie

      Delete
  2. Hi Kylie,
    Awesome work on explaining how to use standard form. I remember you working hard on this strategy last year and it's great to see you are now using your knowledge to teach others. I agree with Siale in that you used the proper language when teaching us to add the tens. It would be great to follow up with a subtraction slideshow, and then a multiplication one - when you get to that!
    Stay safe and keep up with your fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Lee! Thank you for commenting on my Blog! I miss it when you used to comment on our Blogs! And yes hopefully I will get to teaching others to use all the other like different types of Math equations like Multiplication and etc! And you stay safe to!

      - Kylie

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.