Pages

Thursday 25 July 2019

Come and Learn some Apostrophes!

WALT identify how to use apostrophes correctly.

My Teacher Mrs Lee has been noticing that in Room 5's writing we have been using Apostrophes wrong and that made me think maybe we should learn more about Apostrophes. My teacher Mrs Lee added an activity about Apostrophes and that's what we had to do if we finished are reading tasks or if we don't have any. The first activity was to watch a video that tells you all about Apostrophes, The next activity was that we had to do a sheet that was about Plurals, then another that was adding a plural and the next activity was basically the same but with different words. But the last activity was to make a poster about Apostrophes.

So I made a poster that can teach you about the top 3 Apostrophes that you would probably use a lot in your writing, so here is my poster:


From my poster I am going to ask you some questions and see if you can answer them:
Q1. Where can you use a Apostrophe for Contraction?
Q2. Which Apostrophe can be used for Letters that are single? How?
Q3. Show me an example for the apostrophe that marks for possession? (Don't copy mine.)
Q4. What have you learnt from my poster?

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylie, I'm Amelia from Yaldhurst Model School.

    I liked the way you told us how you learned about apostrophes and how you had a quiz and the end.

    This reminded me of when I did a lesson about commas because my group were using commas all wrong.

    To improve, you could add some pictures to make it more eye catching.

    Why did you make the apostrophes pink?

    Bye!

    -Amelia 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hi my name is Ashlee I am a year six at Yaldhurst model school this looks really cool I like the way that you put all the different ways that you can use upholstery what's your favorite word and why.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.