Pages

Friday 13 September 2019

The Homesick Weightlifter

For Writing in room 5 our teacher Mrs Lee told us to do another collaborative writing with the same people we did on our other collaborative writing, this time Mrs Lee did not choose the Character, Setting and Problem for us because we had to use this thing called story starters and it's when you spin a lever and it gives you like a type of story that you can write about, and there are also other levers on the setting or characters or problem so then if you don't like it you can change it.

My group got write about a homesick weightlifter and we did, but then Mrs Lee said to us after we finish our writing we have to make our own picture book and we still had to work with the same people again. So Mrs Lee came up with two templates that we could use, one was like a writing book and the other one was like an actual book, but Mrs Lee also said that we could make our own template if we wanted, and we had to do it digitally.

My group decided to pick a template and we picked the writing book one, but suddenly we started changing it around and then after we finished out picture book it was all covered in color which is good but surprisingly there was like no more writing book template, my group thought we didn't need a template. But at least we finished.

Anyways here is our picture book:

The thing that I enjoyed doing was making the characters cause it was quite fun sorting out how they look like and I just though it was quite funny and fun at the same time.

One thing I found difficult was the writing because sometimes my group didn't know what to write so we had to think hard but we still did it.

Do you think you can make your own picture book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.